Families Fight Media Blackout Over Illegal Alien Killers

The grieving families of just a few of the many victims of illegal alien crimes perpetrated over the past few years gathered in Washington DC to shatter the media blackout against illegal alien crimes.

Mary Ann Mendoza lost her son Sgt. Brandon Mendoza on May 12, 2014, when illegal alien Raul Silva Corona, high on meth and blackout drunk, struck him while driving on the wrong side of the highway, killing them both. Corona had lived in the U.S. illegally for decades with a serious criminal record.

Sgt. Brandon Mendoza

Sgt. Brandon Mendoza

Other stories are just as heartbreaking:

Legal German immigrant Sabina Durden placed the ashes of her only child, Dominic Daniel Durden, on the podium while she spoke.

An illegal alien from Guatemala struck Durden while he was on his way to work as a 9-11 dispatcher on July 12, 2012, killing him instantly. He had convicted of a felony armed robbery and two DUIs, and had no license, insurance, or registration when he ended Durden’s life and shattered his mother’s.

“As my son’s body lay there, the driver of the truck was trying to flee,” she said through tears. “Luckily, two Marines also on their way to work, witnessed that horrific crash and stopped him from leaving. The first responders arrived — and quickly realized who the dead person was. It was their friend. It was their co-worker. They covered him with an American flag and tried to compose themselves… But they couldn’t and they called for backup and highway patrol.”

Durden’s death was just the beginning of the nightmare for his family.  The illegal alien murdered abused the legal system time and time again to avoid responsibility for his heinous crime:

Her son’s killer had been in the nation illegally for eight years and returned after being previously deported to Guatemala. Durden and her fiancé had to fight to get him deported once again after he violated probation several times, killing her son only two weeks after his latest “second chance.” Durden added he never showed any remorse, and was able to bail himself out of jail with ten thousand dollars in cash despite complaining he was only a “day laborer.”

The D.A.’s office urged them not to go to trial while assuring them “not to worry,” and that they had the Durdens’ backs.

“The case was heard through a traffic judge,” Durden said. “Who already made up his mind and gave the killer a deal before even read all the files or heard all the victims’ statements. The killer missed two hearings and needed a special interpreter. Later on, he spoke fluent English… He was able to walk around freely, and while he ignored all of our laws, he got to enjoy the protection of those exact same laws. His costs for the many hearings and translators was paid for by tax dollars, while I couldn’t get counseling and therapy, because I didn’t qualify for any financial help from the Victim’s Assistance. The judge sentenced him to nine months, and five years’ probation, for vehicular manslaughter without gross negligence. And restitution of $18,000, of which I received nothing,” Durden said to audible groans of sympathy from the audience.

“The killer of my only child served only 35 days in jail,” Durden said as the audience gasped. “And then handed over to [Immigrations Customs and Enforcement] ICE, who took him to an immigration detention center. He tried to get the immigration judge to grant him asylum, and if it wasn’t for fiancé Anthony Coulter and I — every year and every week, we drove out to the immigration center and we sat there so they would see us,” she said. “Otherwise he would have been released back into the community. But because we were so adamant about it, he was deported to Guatemala in 2014.”

“However, we believe he is back in Riverside, [California], because Riverside is a sanctuary city, who kept him nice, safe, and comfortable, and nobody wanted to hurt his feelings,” Durden continued.